06 February 2011

Saturday Night

Saturday nights (when I'm not working) usually find me out and about with my camera to try to find something that would look interesting in a photograph.  The results are about evenly spilt...half the time I don't find much, and the other half I do.  This Saturday - quite happily - was one of the latter.  I was cruising Bel Air in Lonesome Blue (my pick-up truck) and listening to Cousin Brucie on Sirius when I found:


So, I got out of my truck after the orange spinny light rent-a-cop pulled away from where I was on the parking lot (they don't like photographers much) and scouted for a few different angles.  Obviously, the one above was my favorite.  Well, about that time the melted snow started to soak through the thin soles of my worn out boots and I was getting cold.

I don't like to be very cold for very long.  So, I headed to:


see my "diner divas".  Last Summer, I gave myself an assignment.  I had been stagnating, socially.  So, one Saturday night I decided to go where all the lonely nerds go on a Saturday night...Barnes & Noble.  There was nothing doing there, even though I tried to get some conversation going.  So, I thought about going to get an ice cream cone, then heading home.  Then I thought to myself - and may have even said to myself - "Dammit!  I'm going to meet someone tonight...someone that I can talk to!".  So. I headed across the street from the Barnes & Noble parking lot, which, incidentally, is where the first photo in this post was taken, to the Double T Diner. 

I ordered a coffee and some dessert.  I struck up a conversation with my waitress, Erica, and some of the staff there, and I have managed to find a handful of really great, decent friends by having done so.  Needless to say, the diner sign is always a welcome sight for me, and proof that to have friends one first must be a friend.

Hopefully, tomorrow will present more good photo opportunities.  Thanks for reading, and take care!

Cut! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home